Followers

Tuesday 20 February 2018

The Happy Crafters Design Team No 3 20 February 2018 using Garden Girl

The Happy Crafters DT project no 3 (1 more to go!) 20 February 2018

Hi there guys, gals and crafting pals Jacqui back again with my 3rd DT project for The Happy Crafters Design Team.  Today I made a stamped candle and matching bakers box.  Before I start I must say when I got this stamp set I nearly had a canary lol.  You see I have cataracts in the centre of both eyes so I can't see to colour and I totally wondered what the heck I was gonna make!!!  But with a little inspiration and some patience (patience is something I don't have much of lol!) i'm on my 3rd project without any problems.  Three down one to go :).

These are some of the goodies I used on this project.

 

First I got a piece of white tissue paper and embossed the image from the Garden Girl stamp set in gold.  My candle is about 2 3/4" by 2 3/4 by 3.  When stamping on candles you must make sure you're tissue is not as high as the candle as it needs to melt into it.  I cut mine at 1 1/2 high.  I used non-stick greaseproof baking paper to hold my tissue onto the candle making sure the waxy side was against the candle as it's what helps them meld together. Then I just held my heat gun all away the round the image making sure not to hold too long or you'll melt the candle!!!


Then I created a lovely baker box to hold my candle and stamped the same image round the base of it.  My card is 12 x 8 7/8 I then scored the landscape or long side at 2 7/8, 5 3/4, 8 5/8 and 11 1/2.  Then I turned it portrait or short side and scored at 2 7/8, 5 7/8 and 7 7/8. On the first section with your card in landscape you need to notch the centre on the first and third sections on the score line.  Then use a ruler and score tool to score from each notch to each corner of the sections.  I cut up the bottom sections and removed the score lines completely.   Then I stamped the same image from the candle onto the box in versamark and put gold embossing powder on it and heat set it with my heat gun.
And we're nearly there :) I then used a layering square to cut out a window on the section 2nd from the right.  I used a piece of fabulous foil on the inside with some red liner tape to hold it in.  The foil was roughly 2 7/8 square.  I then glued the sides and bottom to finish the box 

I really think a gift isn't finished without a tag so of course I used the tag topper punch to create a tag..  This was 2 x 3 1/2".  I cut a piece of scrap white card to 1 3/4 by 2 1/2 and used a decorative punch on it before stamping with a sentiment from "A good day" stamp set in gold.  I finished it off with some sticky sequins and added it to the box with some 1/8 inch gold ribbon and closed the box with a gold bulldog clip.

Here's a list of the supplies I used:

Green card                                  #145407
Embossing powder                     #109129                 
Tag topper punch                        #133324
Layering squares                        #141708
Fabulous foil:                               #141653
Garden girl stamp set                  #143592
Gold binder clips                         #141673

I hope you like my project and it gives you some inspiration
.  

Till next time Jacqui over and out xx





2 comments:

NinaTanner said...

Lovely project Jacqui. I must try doing one of those candles one day; it scares me a bit!!

JMC Creates said...

Nina they're easy once you start and the candles are pretty cheap so they won't break the bank if they don't turn out well lol. I have to say it's only the second one I've ever done. Thanks for commenting it means the world to get good feed back xx